Setting Up PDF Generation
To generate a PDF for a form, you need to create a Fillable PDFs feed. This feed tells Fillable PDFs what to do with the submitted form entry to generate the PDF.
Creating a Fillable PDFs Feed
- Go to the Form Settings page on the form you want to generate a PDF for and click on the Fillable PDFs tab.
- Click the Add New button to create a new Fillable PDFs feed.
- Enter in a name to uniquely identify this Fillable PDFs feed configuration.
- Select one of the templates you’ve created.
- Enter in the file name of the generated PDF. You can use merge tags to include field values in the file name.
- Select notifications you would like the PDF to automatically be attached to.
Map the fields found in your template’s PDF to the Gravity Forms form field you want to populate it from.
- User Password – If defined, the user must enter this password to be able to open and view the PDF file.
- Owner Password – If defined, the user must enter this password to be able to modify the permissions set for the PDF file.
- File Permissions – These permissions control what the user is allowed to do with the PDF, including if they can duplicate it, modify it, print it and more.
- Download Permission — Anyone – Anyone with the download link can download the PDF file — Anyone via secure link – Anyone with the download link can download the PDF file, but it contains an extra required token — Logged in user – Only the user who submitted the form entry or anyone with the secure link can download the PDF file
- Remove interactive form fields – If selected, the PDF is flattened and cannot be edited.