What Happens if My License Expires?
If a license for any ForGravity plugin you have installed expires, the plugin will remain on your site, however, you will lose the following benefits of your license:
- You will no longer receive automatic updates (including bug fixes and security releases).
- You will no longer be able to reach out to us for technical support.
- You will no longer be able to download the plugin files from your account.
- Your license key will cease to validate on any site.
- You will no longer be able to generate new PDFs.
- You will no longer be able to access base PDF templates you’ve uploaded to the plugin.
- You will no longer be able to access the Import PDFs feature available as part of a Professional or Agency tier Fillable PDFs or Legal Signing license.
- You will no longer be able to authenticate or upload PDFs via the Dropbox integration available as part of a Professional or Agency tier Fillable PDFs or Legal Signing license.
- Your templates will be automatically deleted from our API server once your license has been expired for 365 days.
If you are using an expired Entry Automation Agency tier license, you will also lose access to the following additional benefit:
- Authentication with your Dropbox account via our Dropbox extension will cease shortly after license expiration as the generation and refresh of Dropbox authentication tokens requires an active Professional or Agency tier Entry Automation license be installed on your site.
When Does My License Expire?
A ForGravity license will expire under the following scenarios:
- If your payment method on file cannot be charged successfully at the time your license is to renew, our system will attempt to charge your payment method up to three times on a weekly basis from the initial renewal date until it determines a successful renewal will not occur.
- If you have cancelled your ForGravity subscription prior to the renewal date which will force the license to expire after that renewal date passes.
Note: Once a license expires, it is expired for good. If your license is expired, and you’d like to continue receiving the benefits of having an active license again, you will need to purchase a new license from our site.
Our licensing system will begin sending you renewal reminders on a weekly basis beginning two weeks prior to the date your license is to renew. You will also be sent an additional email 24 hours after license renewal confirming that the renewal went through successfully.
When receiving these reminders, we would recommend double-checking the payment method that is on file to best ensure a smooth renewal occurs.